FREE shipping for orders over $30.00
Posted on Jan 19, 2021
Through this article we will show you a simple, fast and easy method for everyone to make a mask with a simple bandana, without having to sew.
At the end of this article, you will be able to make your own mask in a few minutes!
First of all, here is the list of materials you will need to make your mask seamless:
Indeed, you will need something to keep the mask in place on your face. We recommend hair bands or hair clips to secure them to your ears, but if you don't have them, or if you prefer, you can also use laces, string or ribbon that you can tie to the back of your head.
Bonus Material (for perfecting, but not essential) :
1. Lay your bandana flat (Optional: Place a flat coffee filter in the center of the bandana)
2. Fold the top and bottom of the bandana towards the center (in the horizontal direction).
3. Repeat the operation again
4. Pass a rubber band around each end of the folded bandana, and fold the ends in the center. (PS: If using laces or string, place the center of the string in the fold and tighten the straps).
5. Tuck the ends of the fabric into each other.
6. Place the mask on your face and attach the straps: for hair ties and elastics, pass them over each ear. For the laces and string, tie them behind your head.
Adjust as needed, making sure that your mouth and nose are completely covered and that the mask allows you to breathe without restriction.
There you go! Your mask is ready!
Don't forget: it is recommended to wash your mask or face cover, in this case your bandana, regularly in the machine, especially if you wear the mask frequently.
The best fabric for a homemade face mask is a tightly woven fabric, preferably 100% cotton.
You can use a bandana (or alternatively, fabric from pillowcases, curtains, woven shirts or any other fabric you may have at home).
You can also use a t-shirt, but this is not our first choice because the fabric is knitted (i.e. it can create holes when it stretches).
Some people should NOT use cloth masks, such as :
Fabric masks are NOT surgical masks or N95 respirators. They remain a substitute alternative.For optimal protection always prefer official masks to standard masks DIY. We recommend that you visit the public health website to know the latest recommendations in effect. And here you are now able to easily and quickly make your own mask. You can customize it endlessly according to the color and pattern of the bandana you choose!
The bandana is thus, a very versatile accessory and there are hundreds of ways to wear a bandana. It also makes it possible, as you have seen through this article, to make many accessories (DIY). For example, you can make your own bandana!
← Older Post
Newer Post →
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published.