The trendy accessory of the moment and which promises to last all summer long is the bandana. Elegant, modern and trendy, that's what characterizes this accessory that can bring a sober look as well as something more stylish.
Discover through this article how to fold it and sublimate your look!
One of the current trends is to wear it around the neck, being perfect to give a casual look, especially with a white or denim shirt, which gives it an incredible look.
But this one is just one of many trends. However, not everyone knows how to tie a bandana properly. That's why we go through this article, you present some of the most popular and interesting options.
I) Bandana like a headband
- Fold the bandana in half diagonally to form a triangle.
- Fold the bandana over itself (about 2 fingers from the widest base of the bandana).
- Continue to fold/rewind it this way until you get to the tip (you will get a strip).
- Position the bandana on your forehead
- Take the ends and tie them at the back of your head.
- Make a second knot to secure the bandana permanently.
II) Bandana around the neck: see how to use this trend!
The bandana worn as a cotton scarf in square format with Paisley print, has reappeared in international fashion shows at the neck of fashionistas.
The bandana can be tied around the neck in several ways: folded in a triangle shape, cowboy style, or very thin and rolled up, with the knot in the front, on the side or hidden in the back according to the customer's taste.
Here is how to fold a Bandana in a triangular format:
- Fold the bandana into a triangle by folding it in half so that two of its opposite corners meet.
- Take the two opposite ends of the longer side of the triangle and place the longer side on your neck, pointing down.
- Pull the opposite ends together and tie a knot behind your neck.
You can also roll the bandana more or less on itself to adjust the length, as shown in the diagram below :
III) Fold a bandana to wear it on your head.
- First, unfold your bandana completely by placing it on a table, for example.
- Then fold diagonally to form a triangle. Smooth the fold so that it is well defined.
- Grasp each end of the triangle in both hands, making sure it doesn't slip (this is where the fold helps).
- Place the bandana where you want it on your head. The optimal point is in the middle of your forehead, but you can choose to wear it higher or lower, depending on your inclination.
- Tie both ends of the bandana to the back of your head once, firmly (not too tightly either). The ends will sway, which is a good thing, because you'll be tying them again in a minute.
- Make sure the top of the triangle is about the back of your head - it may be slightly higher or lower, but you want your whole skull covered.
- Now you can either fold the top of the triangle under the ends attached to the back of your head, or place it between them. When you are satisfied with its position, tie the ends together again, securing the top of the triangle, and thus the entire bandana.
IV - Bandana as a scarf
The style of the navy :
It's not surprising that the navy has its own instructions on how to tie a men's bandana, because in this case it looks much more like a tie.
And unlike anything worn by chiefs or scouts, it is a thin piece of fabric that looks much more like a short tie than the square of a handkerchief or bandana.
The basic method of knotting is to place the scarf under the collar and adjust it so that the right end (A) is about two inches longer than the left end (B):
- Cross A over B directly under the V-point of your shirt.
- Pull A to the left and cross B forming a loop.
- Then pull up through the loop.
- Make a square knot (if you can't remember what it is, it's actually a lace knot on top of each other), making sure the top of the knot is flush with the bottom of the V of your shirt.
- The ends should be the same length. Don't worry if it doesn't look right the first few times.
This type of fastener requires a little practice to be well done.
How to fold a bandana, conclusion:
There are many ways to wear a bandana.
Indeed, bandanas can be worn with several types of tops: simple t-shirt, vest and of course, with shirts. So they are very versatile!
With jeans jackets for example, bandanas are always beautiful.
Now you know everything there is to sublimate your look, all you have to do is get one of the bandanas from our bandana store, and you're in style!